The first weeks and months of your newborn baby’s life are so precious, you want to concentrate on bonding with your baby as much as possible. Having everything prepared before their arrival will help you feel more settled and give you more time with your baby. So here are some Tiny Posers tips and tricks to help you get ready!
- Find a paediatrician that you get along with – you have to take your baby to the doctor for any reason, it would be better if you took them to someone you have met before and therefore trust.
- Pack your hospital bag – this is a crucial part of getting ready for your little one to arrive. Make sure you have all the things that you need for when you go in, like a phone charger, baby’s first outfit, nappies, a change of clothes for you, snacks for your labour and delivery etc.
- Learn how to use your baby carrier, pram, sling etc – figuring it all out when you’ve got the baby and need to use it quickly will be much more stressful, so a bit of practice beforehand is a good idea.
- Prepare lots of different meals and freeze them in bulk – cooking dinner will probably be at the bottom of the list after baby comes along, so having nutritious homemade meals that you can quickly heat up will make life a lot easier.
- Clean the house – household chores might be harder to get around to when you have a newborn in the house and are recovering from the birth. It’s also an idea to make sure all the baby clothes and blankets have been washed and the nursery is stocked up with supplies.
- Talk to your other children – if your new baby has siblings, it may be worth sitting down with them and having a conversation about the new arrival. Make sure you spend lots of time with them to remind them how much you love and care for them.
- Go on a date with your partner – when your baby arrives, it is likely that you and your partner will not get much spare time, and if you do, you might just want to use it to catch up on sleep. Make the most of the time you do have now!
- Prepare a schedule for family and friends – if you’re lucky, loved ones will want to give you a helping hand with your new arrival, but it can be a bit overwhelming when they all turn up at once! Creating a practical schedule that works for everyone can be a lifesaver in the early days.
- Attend support groups – talking to other expectant mums and parents can give you a really useful support network and be a great place to get advice.
- Capture the special times – why not book a maternity photography shoot with the Tiny Posers photography studio? We’ll take stunning photos of you at your most glowing! We also offer newborn photoshoots, so you are always welcome to come back once your little one has been born. To book your session just get in touch with me, Kristina Mack!
With everything prepared, you’ll have more time and energy to experience all the special moments of your baby’s first weeks. (Who doesn’t want more time for newborn snuggles?)