It’s amazing how quickly the time goes when you’re expecting – before you know it, you’re 8 months pregnant and getting ready for the imminent arrival of your new baby. Lots of physical and emotional changes happen during this special time, so it’s important to remember to take time out to relax. To help you and your growing baby stay nice and calm, here are 7 top tips on how to relax when you’re pregnant!
- Make sure you get plenty of rest! As your pregnancy progresses, you may find yourself becoming more tired, but there’s nothing wrong with taking some time out of your day to have a nap. A quick snooze is a brilliant way of catching up on your sleep – make the most of it as you’ll need it when baby comes along!
- Staying active – keeping both you and your baby fit and healthy is so important. If you dislike exercise, even just going on a short walk in the fresh air every day is beneficial for both mum and baby. Why not try yoga or swimming to help keep fit during your pregnancy? Some places even offer special prenatal yoga sessions, so you can stay supple and meet other mums too!
- Be kind to yourself by making some time for you and your bump to bond every single day. You could do this by indulging yourself with a warm, candle-lit soak in a bath full of bubbles while listening to some calming music. Try to use this time to ease your mind and take a break from any worries that you might have.
- Make sure you have everything organised for your baby to arrive – it’ll help you feel more settled. If you haven’t already, it might be a good idea to start putting together a list of things that you are thinking of taking with you when you go into labour. This might include items such as a book to read, a camera or a toothbrush. Don’t forget a change of clothes and nappies for baby!
- The last tip for relaxation is a massage, although you should always consult your GP or midwife to make sure which types of massages and oils are safe during pregnancy. However, there are some really relaxing treatments and pregnancy-safe oils out there for you to try during your pregnancy, and it’s a great way to relax and unwind.
- You might find some well-deserved pampering at a glamorous maternity photo shoot could help. Nothing is more beautiful than a pregnant woman, so some photos of you and your adorable bump are a lovely keepsake to treasure. Tiny Posers is here to offer a wide range of package deals to suit you, so why not book in today?
All of these things may help to put your mind at rest, help you feel calmer about your pregnancy and benefit you and your baby. If you do feel anxious or uneasy about anything, don’t hesitate to contact your midwife, your GP, or even other expectant mothers for advice. Good luck!